Mega Fluid Systems offers PLC- or PAC-based control systems for the control and automation of both Chemical and Slurry Blend and Distribution systems. Choosing the control system that makes sense for the individual tool, we utilize rack and/or distributed IO, and internal and external networking and communications to control and monitor the tool’s key devices – pumps, valves, tanks, metrology (pH, SGU, concentration, particle size, titration, and temperature).
- Built using same software tool as system HMI
- Remote option using VNC
- Web-client option
- Paging/e-mail options
- Increased functionality and flexibility
Mega Fluid Systems Controls Engineering Group supplies turn-key control, monitoring, and automation solutions for molecular delivery tools. Our team of Controls and Electrical Engineers have extensive experience in the following applications:
- Automating Chemical and Slurry Blending and Distribution systems
- Designing intuitive HMI and SCADA applications
- Providing plug-and-play network connectivity solutions, and
- Providing alarm, graphing & charting, and reporting services.
Utilizing state-of-the-art visualization software, our team creates graphical user interfaces that show the user the information they need, when they need it – information rich when the application requires it and always clear and intuitive. System overviews, drill-downs to P&ID-based details, set point and recipe control, alarm monitoring and acknowledgment, and special custom features implemented after extensive collaboration with the system users are all part of the Mega Fluid Systems HMI experience.
MegaSafe™ is control software designed to maintain global loop dispense to point-of-use chemical mechanical planarization (CMP) and cleaning tools in the event of a programmable logic controller (PLC) failure. By keeping track of tool status at shutdown, allowing for a seamless PLC swap, and conserving qualified slurry batches, MegaSafe prevents fab disruption and reduces overall manufacturing cost.
PLC failures result in an immediate distribution system shutdown, requiring disposal of partially processed wafers. When integrated into the hardware controls of a Mega chemical or slurry delivery system, MegaSafe returns the system operation to the step it was performing at the time of failure with “seamless transfer” to the system’s operation. As a result, it shortens reboot time and reduces fab wafer damage by halted chemical flow.
MegaSafe was designed specifically for Mega Fluid Systems’ products and is compatible with Mega Fluid System’s SBD 100 Ethernet-based systems, as well as Ethernet-based system upgrades.
The MegaLink 2 is a system that provides interfacing for status and demand handshake signals between Chemical Dispense Units (CDUs) and multiple Point-of-Use (POU) tools. The system provides status and valve control interfacing between Mega dispense tools and Valve Manifold Boxes (VMBs), which feed the POU process equipment by using advanced Ethernet communication. The system is designed to take control and automate factory chemical delivery, and can support up to 8 remote units per host.
In the highly configurable MegaLink 2, chemicals or slurry run from the CDU through the VMB and return to the CDU through a global loop. A signal is sent to the host when chemicals or slurry are available in the CDU. When the POU is ready for chemicals or slurry, it sends a demand signal to the host. If no alarm is present, a signal is sent to the VMB to open a single-stick automatic valve allowing chemicals or slurry to flow to the POU inlet.
Standards and Features:
- Fully configurable I/Os, such as safety interlocks and valves
- Can control VMBs from multisource delivery solutions
- Hardware or software handshake signals interface
- Touch-screen monitor included with host
- Host controls up to 8 remote units
- Multiple I/O configuration sizes to fit large or small-scale factories
- Supports up to 128 different global loops and associated CDUs & POUs
- Supports up to 128 VMBs with a maximum of 12 fully configurable sticks, or 128 manually controlled TVBs
- Redundant DC power
- Supports up to 32 CSS points
- Redundant Communications
- Redundant AC Power Supply
- Redundant PLCs