MEGA® Link: Up to 128 VMBs.
MEGA® Link is a system that provides an interface for status and demand signals between chemical dispensing units (CDUs) and multiple point-of-use units (POUs). The system interfaces status and valve control between MEGA® blenders and valve junction boxes (VMBs) that feed the POU process equipment via extended Ethernet communications. The system is designed to automate chemical dispensing in the factory and can support up to 8 remote units per host. Up to 128 different global control loops are supported.
In the highly configurable MEGA® Link, chemicals or slurries run from the CDU through the VMB and return to the CDU via a global loop. A signal is sent to the host when chemicals or slurry are available in the CDU. When the POU is ready for chemicals or slurries, it sends a request signal to the host. In the absence of an alarm, a signal is sent to the VMB to open an automatic valve allowing chemical or slurry flow to the POU inlet.
The system at a glance
Standards and Features:
- Fully configurable I/O such as safety interlocks and valves
- Can control VMBs of multisource delivery solutions
- Interface for hardware or software signals
- Touchscreen monitor included with host
- Host controls up to 8 remote units
- Multiple I/O configuration sizes for large and small plants
- Supports up to 128 different global control loops and associated CDUs and POUs
- Supports up to 128 VMBs with a maximum of 12 fully configurable sticks or 128 manually controlled TVBs
- Redundant DC power supply
- Supports up to 32 CSS points
- Redundant communication
- Redundant AC power supply
- Redundant PLC